Vegan & Gluten Free Chocolate Chai Zucchini Protein Muffins Recipe
Posted on December 1, 2021
These delicious, chocolatey muffins (with nutrients and fiber from real zucchini) are elevated with the delicious flavor of our Chai Instafuel and real chocolate chunks! Gluten-free, dairy-free, and sweetened with real coconut sugar and monk fruit sugar… they are destined to be your new favorite protein-packed breakfast or dessert!
Vegan & Gluten Free Chocolate Chai Zucchini Protein Muffins
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 30-40 minutes
Total Time: 45-55 minutes
- 1 medium zucchini, finely shredded
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup monk fruit sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tbs flax meal mixed with 1/4 cup water)
- 1/4 cup plant based milk
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour (oat or a 1-1 ratio)
- 2/3 cup Laird Superfood Cacao Protein
- 1/4 cup Laird Superfood Chai Instafuel
- 2 Tbs cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or with cooking spray, dusted with cocoa powder.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, Cacao Protein Powder, Chai Instafuel, baking soda and baking powder, sugars, and sea salt).
- Meanwhile, in a separate, large mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients (shredded zucchini, milk, flax eggs, and vanilla). Whisk until consistent.
- Gradually add the dry mixture into the wet until combined. Afterwards, fold in the chocolate chunks.
- When ready, scoop the batter into the lined muffin pan, filling each cup 3/4 of the way to the top. Transfer to the oven to bake 30-40 minutes, or until it passes a toothpick test.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!