Functional Mushroom Bruschetta Recipe
Posted on December 17, 2020
Bruschetta is for so much more than just tomatoes! This Italian-inspired mushroom bruschetta recipe is the perfect plant-based appetizer to serve at a holiday gathering. It's so good and easy to make, you may want to whip it up for a mid day snack!
Toasted baguette is topped with a delicious spread flavored with miso, garlic, and a boost from of our Performance Mushrooms!
- 2 c. Cashews with 2 c. Water
- 2 large Onions, diced
- 4 tbs. vegan Butter
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbs. sweet white miso
- 2 tsp. Laird Superfood Performance Mushrooms
- 2 tsp. Sea salt + pepper
- 2 Baguettes, Sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- Flaky finishing salt
- 2-3 tbs. Balsamic Reduction
- Soak cashews in hot water for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, caramelize onions for 15-20 mins or until soft golden brown. Turn off heat then transfer to a blender.
- When cashews are ready, strain out the water then add to the onions.
- Add vegan butter, miso, Laird Superfood Performance Mushrooms, and season with salt and pepper.
- Blend until consistent and creamy.
- Next, toast or grill the baguette slices.
- Afterwards, take the raw garlic cloves and grate against the surface of the freshly toasted slices.
- Spread the blended mixture onto the slices then drizzle with balsamic reduction.
- Finish by garnishing with micro greens and flaky salt.
- Enjoy! :)
About the Author
Monique Sourinho is a professional food stylist, photographer, and recipe developer based in beautiful Essex, Connecticut. Her passions for locally sourced food and community engagement are the driving forces behind Bee The Love, which is all about celebrating collaboration and its delicious end results.