Performance Mushroom Soba Noodles Recipe
Posted on August 21, 2021
Ready to enjoy a savory Asian-inspired soba noodle dish with the added benefits of Chaga, Cordyceps, Lion's Mane, and Maitake mushrooms? This recipe uses our Performance Mushroom powder to level up this dish. Complemented by a homemade sauce featuring the perfect combination of salty and spicy, this recipe can easily be made for one or doubled for the whole family to enjoy.
- ½ cup low sodium Tamari
- ¼ cup mirin sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Laird Superfood Performance Mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon Sambal (or other chili paste)
- 1 Tablespoon chopped ginger
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- Carrots, thinly sliced (julienne style)
- Daikon radishes, thinly sliced (julienne style)
- Sautéed Shiitake mushrooms (to taste preference)
- Green onion, chopped
- Sesame seeds
- Add all of the sauce ingredients to a small pot and bring to a boil. Immediately turn the heat down and let simmer for 10 minutes, or until the liquid volume has been reduced by half.
- Meanwhile, cook one serving of soba noodles according to directions, drain and cool.
- Toss cooled soba noodles in the sauce until coated. Top with garnishes to taste. Enjoy immediately!
About the Creator:
Aaron Elliott is a plant-based chef from Los Angeles. After training at Noma in Copenhagen and D.O.M. in San Paulo, he has cooked privately for various high profile clients and he caters events across the city.