Plant-Based Chocolate Banana Protein "Nice Cream" Recipe
Posted on November 30, 2021
Craving a soft-serve treat but want to avoid all of those refined sugar and syrups? Well then, “nice cream” is what you’ve been waiting for! Simple to make and nutrient-dense, this insanely delicious chilled treat is one that you’re sure to go “bananas” for! With the delectable flavors of sweet banana and rich nut butter, the addition of our Cacao Plant-Based Protein boosts this upgraded dessert into the perfect protein-packed treat morning, noon, or night!
Plant-Based Chocolate Banana Protein "Nice Cream"
Prep: 15 minutes
Chill Time: 2 hours
Total: 2 hours 15 min
- 6 frozen bananas (cut into chunks)
- 2/3 cup plant-based milk
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 2 Tbs cacao powder
- 1/3 cup Laird Superfood Cacao Protein Powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks (optional)
- Place frozen bananas, plant-based milk, almond butter, cacao powder and Cacao Protein Powder into a food processor or high speed blender. Pulse and process until smooth and creamy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Afterwards, add the chocolate chunks and pulse until evenly distributed.
- Finally, transfer to a small loaf pan. Freeze for 2 hours, then when ready, scoop the ice cream and enjoy!