Gluten-Free Superfood Pesto Pasta Recipe
Posted on August 20, 2021
Looking for a hearty and savory meal with a superfood addition? Well then look no further than this Superfood Pesto Pasta made using our Superfood Himalayan Salt Pili Nuts! Amazingly, this recipe also contains the added superfood benefits of our Activate Daily Greens, which include polyphenols from fruits and vegetables and prebiotics!
Recipe makes 4-6 servings
- 2 cups fresh basil
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 clove of garlic, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 packet of Laird Superfood Himalayan Salt Pili Nuts
- 2 pinches sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Laird Superfood Activate Greens
- 12 oz gluten free penne pasta
Optional: Add your favorite sautéed veggies like mushrooms, zucchini or caramelized onions.
- Boil 12 ounces of gluten free penne in salty water, according to directions. Immediately remove strain, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, to a food processor or high-powered blender, add all ingredients and pulse until well mixed and a saucy consistency.
- Toss pasta in pesto sauce until well covered. Serve immediately.
About the Creator:
Aaron Elliott is a plant-based chef from Los Angeles. After training at Noma in Copenhagen and D.O.M. in San Paulo, he has cooked privately for various high profile clients and he caters events across the city.