Last updated: August 31, 2020
When you visit https://lairdsuperfood.com/ (the “Website”) to shop for our products, search for recipes, sign up for newsletters, or share your experience using our products, you will share your personal information in various ways. Sometimes we collect it directly from you. Other times, we use technology to automatically collect personal information. Either way, you can be confident that we do not sell your personal information, will handle it consistent with applicable law and in a manner that respects your rights. We also want to provide you with tools and options that empower you to manage your personal information as you see fit.
We collect personal information when you provide it
When you register for an account with us, you will provide personal information that includes your name, email address, mailing address, and your phone number. You will create a username and password, information that on subsequent visits helps us confirm your identity and makes it easier to use our Website and make purchases. If you contact us by phone, you may provide personal information we use to answer your questions, resolve problems, or provide you with support. We also may collect personal information from you in person at conferences and events that we attend or sponsor.
If you would like to work for us, you may provide us with personal information including your name and contact information (email and physical address, phone number), employment history, and job title (either the one you have or the one you would like to apply for).
We may collect personal information about you from third parties, such as online marketplaces and payment processors, or when you use social media networks to log into our services or access our Website. We typically collect name, mailing address and relevant payment details from online marketplaces (like Amazon) and payment processors in order to fulfill your order.
We encourage customers to share their experiences with our products both on our site and social media networks. If you take part in a public conversation, for example, on Facebook, we may collect personal information such as your name and other information you have agree to make available through your agreement with the social network. Another instance where we may collect personal information is when you click “Share This” or “Like” buttons or otherwise use social media buttons or plug-ins.
We collect personal information using automated technologies
Sometimes personal information is collected by automated technologies and shared with us when visitors navigate through our Website. We may track your browsing actions, log your IP address, identify your device (mobile phone or computer and operating system), and keep track of your purchases to better serve you in the future.
We will not knowingly collect information from anyone younger than 16 years
Although some of our products may be tailored for consumption by individuals under 16 years old, our Website is not intended for use by anyone under that age nor do we intend for anyone under 16 years old to purchase products on our Website.. We will never knowingly collect personal information from anyone that young. If we become aware that personal information of anyone younger than 16 has been provided to us, for any purpose, we will delete the information from our files.
Some Internet browsers offer a “Do Not Track” privacy preference. Generally, when a user turns on the Do Not Track Signal, their browser sends a message to websites requesting that the user not be tracked. Our Website currently does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
- To send marketing communications, newsletters and recipes through email, once you have subscribed.
- To provide advertisements through work with our marketing partners that are targeted to you based on your product purchases and interest.
- To respond to support requests.
- To detect fraud, provide access to and maintain the security and integrity of the Website.
- To provide updates regarding the Website and marketing information, such as special promotions or surveys, etc.
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business and internal policies for maintaining records.
- To protect all parties in the event of disputes.
- For any other legal, business, or marketing purposes that comply with the practices described in this Policy.
Where we share your personal information with vendors and other third parties, we have entered into contracts that limit their use of the information in order to deliver the contracted services to us. We do not share your personal information, except as detailed in this Policy.
If you make a public post, other users may see it
If you make a post on a third-party social media site, such as Facebook, or by identifying us in your social media feed by tagging us using a hashtag (#) or “at” (@), your personal information may be publicly available and is subject to the privacy policies of those third-party social media sites. As a reminder, this Policy describes how we will treat your personal information once it is in our possession.
We recommend you review the privacy policies of any third-party sites you visit to understand the data collection and practices of that third party.
We may share feedback you provide to us
We want to hear how we’re doing. If you have suggestions to improve our products and services, add to our product menu, expand our list of recipes, or for what to include in our newsletters and blogs, we want those as well.
Our Ohana rewards program offers customers discounts through various customer actions including product reviews on our Website. Please be aware that any feedback relating to our products and services on our Website or social media channels may be publicly shared.
Eventual successors may access information
In the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, or other sale of all or a portion of our assets, any customer information owned or controlled by us may be among the assets transferred to third parties as successors in interest. As part of this type of transaction, we reserve the right to transfer or assign your personal information to third parties. Other than to the extent ordered by a bankruptcy or other court, or as otherwise agreed to by you, the use and disclosure of all transferred customer information will be subject to this Policy.
We need to comply with legal requirements
We may disclose your information to government authorities or other third parties if any lawful circumstances arise, including when:
- You have given us permission to share your information.
- We are required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order.
- We believe, in our sole discretion, that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect against fraud, or to protect our property or other rights or those of other users of the Website, third parties, or the public at large.
- You have the right to request that we provide you with the categories of personal information and the specific pieces of personal information we have collected and store about you.
- You have the right to request that we delete personal information we, or our service providers, store about you.
- You may request that we not sell your personal information. As a reminder, we do not sell your personal information.
- You have the right to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf.
- Please see the “Identity Verification Requirement” section below for more information on our process for verifying we have received a legally valid request.
P.O. Box 2270
Sisters, OR 97759