Purchase Order Terms and Conditions
(a) This purchase order is an offer by Laird Superfood, Inc. (the "Buyer") for the purchase of the goods specified on the face of this purchase order (the "Goods") from the party to whom the purchase order is addressed (the "Seller") in accordance with and subject to these terms and conditions (the "Terms"; together with the terms and conditions on the face of the purchase order, the "Order"). This Order, together with any documents incorporated herein by reference, constitutes the sole and entire agreement of the parties with respect to the Order, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings, agreements, negotiations, representations and warranties, and communications, both written and oral, with respect to the subject matter of the Order. The Order expressly limits Seller's acceptance to the terms of the Order. These Terms prevail over any terms or conditions contained in any other documentation and expressly exclude any of Seller's general terms and conditions of sale or any other document issued by Seller in connection with this Order.
Unless expressly stipulated under this Agreement or required under applicable law, the Buyer expressly rejects any incorporation attempt by the Seller of any other terms and conditions, whether from the Seller or from what is common industry practice, and whether such attempt is made in relation to offering, correspondence, website, order acceptance, counter party compliance inquiries, invoicing or other means.
(b) These Terms apply to any repaired or replacement Goods provided by Seller hereunder.
(c) Buyer is not obligated to any minimum purchase or future purchase obligations under this Order.
2. Acceptance. This Order is not binding on Buyer until Seller accepts the Order in writing. If Seller does not accept the Order in writing (email sufficing) or provide written notice that it has commenced performance within five (5) days of Seller's receipt of the Order, this Order will lapse. Buyer may withdraw the Order at any time before it is accepted by Seller.
3. Delivery Date. Seller shall deliver the Goods in the quantities and on the date(s) specified in this Order or as otherwise agreed in writing by the parties (the "Delivery Date"). If no delivery date is specified, Seller shall deliver the Goods as otherwise directed in writing (email sufficing). Timely delivery of the Goods is of the essence. If Seller fails to deliver the Goods in full on the Delivery Date, Buyer may terminate the Order immediately by providing written notice to Seller and Seller shall indemnify Buyer against any losses, claims, damages, and reasonable costs and expenses directly attributable to Seller's failure to deliver the Goods on the Delivery Date. Buyer has the right to return any Goods delivered more than three (3) days prior to the Delivery Date at Seller's expense and Seller shall redeliver such Goods on the Delivery Date, or may charge a commercially reasonable storage fee.
4. Quantity. If Seller delivers more or less than the quantity of Goods ordered, Buyer may reject all or any excess Goods. Any such rejected Goods shall be returned to Seller at Seller's risk and expense. If Buyer does not reject the Goods and instead accepts the delivery of Goods at the increased or reduced quantity, the Price for the Goods shall be adjusted on a pro-rata basis.
5. Delivery Location. All Goods shall be delivered to the address specified in this Order (the "Delivery Location") during Buyer's normal business hours or as otherwise instructed by Buyer.
6. Shipping Terms. Delivery shall be made FOB Buyer’s facility in Sisters, Oregon USA, unless otherwise specified on the face of this Order. Seller shall give written notice of shipment to Buyer when the Goods are delivered to a carrier for transportation. The Order number must appear on all shipping documents, shipping labels, bills of lading, air waybills, invoices, correspondence and any other documents pertaining to the Order.
7. Title and Risk of Loss. Title passes to Buyer upon acceptance of the Goods to the Delivery Location. Seller bears all risk of loss or damage to the Goods until delivery of the Goods to the Delivery Location.
8. Packaging. All goods shall be packed for shipment according to Buyer's instructions or, if there are no instructions, in a manner sufficient to ensure that the Goods are delivered in undamaged condition. Seller must provide Buyer prior written notice if it requires Buyer to return any packaging material. Any return of such packaging material shall be made at Seller's expense.
9. Amendment and Modification. No change to this Order is binding upon Buyer unless it is in writing, specifically states that it amends this Order and is signed by an authorized representative of Buyer.
10. Inspection and Rejection of Nonconforming Goods. The Buyer has the right to inspect the Goods on or after the Delivery Date. Buyer, at its sole option, may inspect all or a sample of the Goods, and may reject all or any portion of the Goods if it determines the Goods are nonconforming or defective. If Buyer rejects any portion of the Goods, Buyer has the right, effective upon written notice to Seller, to: (a) rescind the Order in its entirety; (b) accept the Goods at a reasonably reduced price; or (c) reject the Goods and require replacement of the rejected Goods. If Buyer requires replacement of the Goods, Seller shall, at its expense, promptly replace the nonconforming Goods and pay for all related expenses, including, but not limited to, transportation charges for the return of the defective goods and the delivery of replacement Goods. If Seller fails to timely deliver replacement Goods, Buyer may replace them with goods from a third party and charge Seller the cost thereof and terminate this Order for cause pursuant to ion 20. Any inspection or other action by Buyer under this Section shall not reduce or otherwise affect Seller's obligations under the Order, and Buyer shall have the right to conduct further inspections after Seller has carried out its remedial actions.
11. Price. The price of the Goods is the price stated in the Order (the "Price"). If no price is included in the Order, the Price shall be the price set out in Seller's published price list in force as of the date of the Order/. Unless otherwise specified in the Order, the Price includes all packaging, transportation costs to the Delivery Location, insurance, customs duties and fees and applicable taxes, including, but not limited to, all sales, use or excise taxes. No increase in the Price is effective, whether due to increased material, labor or transportation costs or otherwise, without the prior written consent of Buyer.
12. Most Favored Buyer. Seller represents and warrants that the price for the Goods is the lowest price charged by Seller to any of its external buyers for similar volumes of similar Goods in the USA. If Seller charges any other buyer a lower price, Seller must apply that price to all Goods under this Order. If Seller fails to meet the lower price, Buyer, at its option, may terminate this Order without liability pursuant to 20.
13. Payment Terms. Seller shall issue an invoice to Buyer on or any time after the completion of delivery and only in accordance with the Terms. Buyer shall pay all properly invoiced amounts due to Seller within 30 days after Buyer's receipt of such invoice, except for any amounts disputed by Buyer in good faith. All payments hereunder must be in US dollars and made by ACH (or if previously agreed, wire transfer). In the event of a payment dispute, Buyer shall deliver a written statement to Seller prior to the date payment is due on the disputed invoice listing all disputed items and providing a reasonably detailed description of each disputed item. Amounts not so disputed are deemed accepted and must be paid, notwithstanding disputes on other items, within the period set forth in this Section 13. The parties shall seek to resolve all such disputes expeditiously and in good faith. Seller shall continue performing its obligations under the Order notwithstanding any such dispute.
14. Setoff. Without prejudice to any other right or remedy it may have, Buyer reserves the right to set off at any time any amount owing to it by Seller against any amount payable by Buyer to Seller.
15. Warranties. Seller warrants to Buyer that for a period of 12 months from the Delivery Date, all Goods will: (a) be free from any defects in workmanship, material and design; (b) conform to applicable specifications, drawings, designs, samples and other requirements specified by Buyer; (c) be fit for their intended purpose and operate as intended; (d) be merchantable; (e) be free and clear of all liens, security interests or other encumbrances; and (f) not infringe or misappropriate any third party's patent or other intellectual property rights. These warranties survive any delivery, inspection, acceptance or payment of or for the Goods by Buyer. These warranties are cumulative and in addition to any other warranty provided by law or equity. Any applicable statute of limitations runs from the date of Buyer's discovery of the noncompliance of the Goods with the foregoing warranties. If Buyer gives Seller notice of noncompliance with this Section, Seller shall, at its own cost and expense, promptly replace or repair the defective or nonconforming Goods and pay for all related expenses, including, but not limited to, transportation charges for the return of the defective or nonconforming goods to Seller and the delivery of repaired or replacement Goods to Buyer.
16. General Indemnification. Seller shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless Buyer its subsidiaries, affiliates, successors or assigns and its respective directors, officers, shareholders and employees and Buyer's Buyers (collectively, "Indemnitees") against any and all loss, injury, death, damage, liability, claim, deficiency, action, judgment, interest, award, penalty, fine, cost or expense, including reasonable attorney and professional fees and costs, and the cost of enforcing any right to indemnification hereunder and the cost of pursuing any insurance providers (collectively, "Losses") arising out of or occurring in connection with the products purchased from Seller or Seller's negligence, willful misconduct or breach of the Terms. Seller shall not enter into any settlement without Buyer's or Indemnitee's prior written consent.
17. Intellectual Property Indemnification. Seller shall, at its expense, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Buyer and any Indemnitee against any and all Losses arising out of or in connection with any claim that Buyer's or Indemnitee's use or possession of the Goods infringes or misappropriates the patent, copyright, trade secret or other intellectual property right of any third party. In no event shall Seller enter into any settlement without Buyer's or Indemnitee's prior written consent.
18. Insurance. During the term of the Order and for a period of two years thereafter, Seller shall, at its own expense, maintain and carry insurance in full force and effect which includes, but is not limited to, commercial general liability (including product liability) in a sum no less than $2 million US dollars with financially sound and reputable insurers. Upon Buyer's request, Seller shall provide Buyer with a certificate of insurance from Seller's insurer evidencing the insurance coverage specified in this Order. Seller shall provide Buyer with 30 days' advance written notice in the event of a cancellation or material change in Seller's insurance policy. Except where prohibited by law, Seller shall require its insurer to waive all rights of subrogation against Buyer's insurers and Buyer or the Indemnitees.
19. Compliance with Law. Seller is in compliance with and shall comply with all applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Seller has and shall maintain in effect all the licenses, permissions, authorizations, consents and permits that it needs to carry out its obligations under the Order. Seller shall comply with all export and import laws of all countries involved in the sale of Goods under this Order. Seller assumes all responsibility for shipments of Goods requiring any government import clearance. Buyer may terminate this Order if any government authority imposes antidumping duties, countervailing duties or any retaliatory duties on the Goods.
20. Compliance with Supplier Code of Conduct. Seller is, and covenants it shall remain, in compliance with Buyer’s code of conduct, available at www.lairdsuperfood.com/suppliercode, and will provide an executed copy of the same at Buyer’s request.
21. Quality Assurance.
(a) Certifications. “Organic”, “Kosher” and “Gluten-Free” and other certifications that are in the Finished Product Specifications or are later designated in writing and agreed to by Buyer and Seller (the “Required Certifications”) must be kept current by Seller at all times and Seller represents and warrants that it will have the Required Certifications during the Term of this Agreement at Seller’s cost. Seller will provide proof of certification upon reasonable request of Buyer. If an approved GFSI scheme audit cannot be provided, Buyer may come on site and be allowed to perform Buyer’s own audit of the facility.
(b) Annual Audit. Seller will have an annual SQF Level 2 standard with GFSI scheme audit conducted by a third-party auditor reasonably acceptable to Buyer. The auditor’s report and required corrective actions shall be provided to Buyer within 30 calendar days of the audit. If an approved GFSI scheme audit cannot be provided, Buyer may come on site and be allowed to perform its own audit of the Seller’s facility.
(c) Quality Control Procedures. Seller agrees to follow the most current Finished Product Specifications as well as the quality control procedures on Exhibit B or as otherwise specified by Buyer and agreed to by Seller in writing, including but not limited to, testing and inspection of incoming materials, maintenance of records and retained samples, process and packing line sampling and quality control checks, proper storage and warehousing. Seller shall also maintain a quality assurance and allergen program that is acceptable to Buyer for all Products delivered under this Agreement. Seller agrees to notify Buyer of any changes to the Finished Product Specifications prior to shipment of Products delivered under this Agreement.
(d) Books and Records. All books and records maintained or retained pursuant to this Agreement shall be retained by Seller for a period the longer of of (i) one (1) year after the end of the shelf life of the subject Product, or (ii) as required by Required Certifications, federal, state, or local laws, rules, or regulations applicable to Seller, Buyer, or the Products.
(e) Inspection Reports. Seller shall make available to Buyer, upon Buyer’s written request, the results of all federal, state and local inspection reports and sanitation audits conducted from one (1) year before to one (1) year after the Term of this Agreement and relating to or affecting goods located therein, or (i) any other records that Buyer may reasonably request to be maintained or as are required to be kept by applicable federal, state or local laws, rules, regulations and guidelines. Seller shall promptly notify Buyer of any such inspections or audits or any other information that indicates the presence of any bacteriological agent or any substance considered by health authorities as being indicative of either unsanitary practices or of public health concern.
(f) Quality Control Reports; Facility Inspections. Seller shall submit to Buyer quality control records and reports, relating to the goods or facility as are reasonably requested by Buyer in writing.
(g) Importation. Seller shall provide Buyer all documentation reasonably required in connection with the importation of the Products, including documentation required to fulfill Foreign Supplier Verification Program activities, including but not limited to manufacturer information such as name, contact information, and certain food safety-related documents (e.g., hazard analyses/flowcharts, and third-party food safety audit reports).
22. Certificate of Analysis. Seller is required to provide a Certificate of Analysis of the Products (“COA”) with each delivery of Products that states the lot number for that batch of Products, provides test results showing the Products comply with the Finished Product Specifications, and confirms the Required Certifications. The Price includes the testing required for the COA. Any additional testing requested or required by Buyer will be at an extra charge agreed to by Buyer and Seller.
23. Termination. Buyer may terminate this Order, in whole or in part, at any time with or without cause for undelivered Goods on 30 days' prior written notice to Seller. In addition to any remedies that may be provided under these Terms, Buyer may terminate this Order with immediate effect upon written notice to the Seller, either before or after the acceptance of the Goods, if Seller has not performed or complied with any of these Terms, in whole or in part. If the Seller becomes insolvent, files a petition for bankruptcy or commences or has commenced against it proceedings relating to bankruptcy, receivership, reorganization or assignment for the benefit of creditors, then the Buyer may terminate this Order upon written notice to Seller. If Buyer terminates the Order for any reason, Seller's sole and exclusive remedy is payment for the Goods received and accepted by Buyer prior to the termination.
24. Limitation of Liability. Nothing in this Order shall exclude or limit (a) Seller's liability under Sections 15, 16, 17 and 23 hereof, or (b) Seller's liability for fraud, personal injury or death caused by its negligence or willful misconduct. Each party's maximum liability to the other party shall not exceed the greater of five times the aggregate amount actually paid or payable under this Order and any other Orders among these parties in the trailing 12 months.
25. Waiver. No waiver by any party of any of the provisions of the Order shall be effective unless explicitly set forth in writing and signed by the party so waiving. Except as otherwise set forth in the Order, no failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any rights, remedy, power or privilege arising from the Order shall operate or be construed as a waiver thereof, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power or privilege hereunder preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power or privilege.
26. Confidential Information. All non-public, confidential or proprietary information of the Buyer, including, but not limited to, specifications, samples, patterns, designs, plans, drawings, documents, data, business operations, Buyer lists, pricing, discounts or rebates, disclosed by Buyer to Seller, whether disclosed orally or disclosed or accessed in written, electronic or other form or media, and whether or not marked, designated or otherwise identified as "confidential," in connection with the Order is confidential, solely for the use of performing the Order and may not be disclosed or copied unless authorized by Buyer in writing. Upon Buyer's request, Seller shall promptly return all documents and other materials received from Buyer. Buyer shall be entitled to injunctive relief for any violation of this Section. This Section shall not apply to information that is: (a) in the public domain; (b) known to the Seller at the time of disclosure; or (c) rightfully obtained by the Seller on a non-confidential basis from a third party.
27. Force Majeure. No party shall be liable or responsible to the other party, nor be deemed to have defaulted under or breached this Agreement, for any failure or delay in fulfilling or performing any term of this Agreement, when and to the extent such party's (the "Impacted Party") failure or delay is caused by or results from the following force majeure events ("Force Majeure Event(s)"): (a) acts of God; (b) flood, fire, earthquake, or explosion; (c) war, invasion, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), terrorist threats or acts, riot or other civil unrest; (d) government order, law, or action; (e) embargoes or blockades in effect on or after the date of this Agreement; and (f) other similar events beyond the control of the Impacted Party. The Impacted Party shall give notice within three days of the Force Majeure Event to the other party, stating the period of time the occurrence is expected to continue. The Impacted Party shall use diligent efforts to end the failure or delay and ensure the effects of such Force Majeure Event are minimized. The Impacted Party shall resume the performance of its obligations as soon as reasonably practicable after the removal of the cause. In the event that the Impacted Party's failure or delay remains uncured for a period of fourteen days following written notice given by it under this Section 24, the other party may thereafter terminate this Agreement upon written notice.
28. Assignment. Seller shall not assign, transfer, delegate or subcontract any of its rights or obligations under the Order without the prior written consent of Buyer. Any purported assignment or delegation in violation of this Section shall be null and void. No assignment or delegation shall relieve the Seller of any of its obligations hereunder.
29. Relationship of the Parties. The relationship between the parties is that of independent contractors. Nothing contained in the Order shall be construed as creating any agency, partnership, joint venture or other form of joint enterprise, employment or fiduciary relationship between the parties, and neither party shall have authority to contract for or bind the other party in any manner whatsoever. No relationship of exclusivity shall be construed from this Order.
30. No Third-Party Beneficiaries. This Order is for the sole benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and permitted assigns and nothing herein, express or implied, is intended to or shall confer upon any other person or entity any legal or equitable right, benefit or remedy of any nature whatsoever under or by reason of these Terms.
31. Governing Law. All matters arising out of or relating to this Order shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Delaware without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of Delaware or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of Delaware.
32. Submission to Jurisdiction. Any legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Order shall be instituted in the federal courts of the United States of America or the courts of the State of Oregon in each case in (or in the case of federal courts in Eugene, OR, with jurisdiction over) the City of Bend and County of Deschutes, and each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts in any such suit, action or proceeding.
33. Cumulative Remedies. The rights and remedies under this Order are cumulative and are in addition to and not in substitution for any other rights and remedies available at law or in equity or otherwise.
34. Notices. All notices, request, consents, claims, demands, waivers and other communications hereunder (each, a "Notice") shall be in writing and addressed to the parties at the addresses set forth on the face of this Order or to such other address that may be designated by the receiving party in writing. All Notices shall be delivered by personal delivery, nationally recognized overnight courier (with all fees pre-paid), facsimile (with confirmation of transmission) or certified or registered mail (in each case, return receipt requested, postage prepaid). Except as otherwise provided in this Order, a Notice is effective only (a) upon receipt of the receiving party, and (b) if the party giving the Notice has complied with the requirements of this Section.
35. Severability. If any term or provision of this Order is invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Agreement or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction.
36. Survival. Provisions of this Order which by their nature should apply beyond their terms will remain in force after any termination or expiration of this Order including, but not limited to, the following provisions: Setoff, Warranties, General Indemnification, Intellectual Property, Indemnification, Insurance, Compliance with Laws, Confidentiality, Governing Law, Quality Assurance, Submission to Jurisdiction/Arbitration and Survival.