Simple Circuit and Breathing Exercises with XPT®
Posted on February 25, 2019
Photo courtesy of @XPTlife
The XPT (Extreme Performance Training) method focuses on breath, movement, and recovery.
Challenge yourself with this straightforward workout circuit. These moves require minimal equipment and can easily be modified in intensity.
Simple Circuit with Mark RobertsXPT®
Use this workout to challenge yourself and your own body.
These moves are guidelines, use modifications to achieve your personal best. To increase intensity, add more weight.
- 3-4 sets of 10 reps for each exercise
- Count for 15-20 seconds in plank position
- Push-ups can be modified by dropping to the knees
Breathing Tips with Gabby Reece
This breathing exercise can accompany the circuit above, or be completed on its own.
- 2 in breaths through the nose
- 1 out breath through the mouth
- Breathe in for 7 seconds
- Hold in for 7 seconds
- Breathe out for 7 seconds
- Hold out for 7 seconds
- Breathe in for 4-5 seconds
- Take a soft pause at the top, holding the breath
- Breathe out for out 7-8 seconds
- Take a soft pause at the bottom, holding the breath out
- Continue for 2-5 minutes
These breathing exercises work as a great tool for achieving relaxation. Try at any time of day you need to pause to breathe, even while sitting in traffic!
Find out more about the XPT method here.
Follow us on Instagram @lairdsuperfood for more fitness resources and comprehensive information on optimized performance!