Blueberry Pie Pancakes Recipe
Posted on January 15, 2020
Wake up! These hearty, plant-based Blueberry Pie Pancakes are a great way to start any day! Although they taste indulgent, they are plant-based and you can easily make them gluten-free! We like them with a little sweetness from coconut sugar, but feel free to omit the sugar! Our Original Superfood Creamer adds a superfood boost and a delicious creaminess to this recipe!
Although this is a perfect Sunday morning recipe, we'd encourage you to wake up a little earlier on a Monday to whip these up and start your week on a great note.
This recipe was created by Anett Velsberg.
Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup flour (such as plain, oat or gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1/4 cup Laird Superfood Original Creamer
- 2 Tbs brown or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract or paste
- 3/4-1 cup unsweetened plant milk, as needed
- 1/2 cup blueberries, more to serve
- 1-2 Tbs cooking oil (optional)
- 1/2 cup coconut whipped cream, to serve
- 1-2 Tbs maple syrup, to serve
- Place the flour, oats, Laird Superfood Creamer, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and sea salt in a medium-sized bowl. Stir until combined.
- Pour in the vanilla followed by the milk until you get a thick but pourable batter. Stir in the blueberries.
- Pour batter onto an oiled non-stick skillet on medium-low heat, using about 1/4 cup for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on the surface, then flip and continue cooking until browned on the bottom.
- Divide between plates and serve immediately with coconut whip, fresh blueberries and maple syrup. Enjoy!