Chocolate Mint Hazelnut Crisp Bars
Posted on December 21 2018
Crunchy, nutty, and sweet - Kat Kunde's Chocolate Mint Hazelnut Crisp Bars have it all! These vegan candy bars are simple to make, super giftable, and wonderfully delicious. For a bite-size treat, cut into mini squares and enjoy with your favorite festive beverage (we recommend a Chocolate Mint Superfood Mocha)!
Cook time: 30 min
Cooling: 1 hour
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 3 tbs maple syrup
- 2 dates
- 3 tbs hemp seeds
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- 4 tbs Chocolate Mint Superfood Creamer®
- 1/2 cup dairy-free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1-2 tbs vanilla nut milk or milk substitute of choice
- 2 tbs Chocolate Mint Superfood Creamer®
- Candy cane or your favorite crunchy toppings (optional)
To make the base:
In a food processor, add hazelnuts and blend until creamy (this will take about 10 minutes, scrape down the sides as needed until consistency is reached).
Add all remaining base ingredients except for cereal and blend.
When combined, add cereal and pulse to incorporate.
Spread the base into a bread pan covered with parchment paper and set in freezer to chill while you make the topping.
To make the topping:
- Melt Superfood Creamer, chocolate chips, and nut milk in a pan on low heat while mixing to incorporate.
- Once texture is smooth and liquid, pour over the base layer.
- If desired, sprinkle with chopped up candy cane or other crunchy topping.
- Chill in freezer for one hour. Cut lengthwise into candy bars or into bite-size squares and enjoy!
About the Author
Kat is a personal trainer, fitness enthusiast, and advocate for empowered eating. Follow her on Instagram: @norwegianstrong