Plant-Based Creamy Spring Pasta Recipe
Posted on May 11, 2020
Did you know our Superfood Creamers blend perfectly into pasta sauces?! It's an easy way to add a creamy plant-based boost to your dinner, without any dairy!
This pasta is so creamy and delicious, you wouldn't even think that it's plant-based! And best of all, it's simple to make! Our Unsweetened Superfood Creamer adds a delicious creaminess, without any extra sugar! We also added lots of veggies to make this a nourishing and delicious early summer meal, perfect for lunch or dinner!
For the pasta:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 9 ounces regular or gluten-free pasta, such as tagliatelle or fettuccine
- 1 1/2 cups trimmed and chopped asparagus
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen and defrosted green peas
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-3 fresh basil leaves, to serve
For the sauce:
- 1/3 cup Laird Superfood Unsweetened Creamer
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup water, more if needed
- 1/4 cups nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the creamer, cashews, water, nutritional yeast, onion powder lemon juice, sea salt and black pepper to a high-speed blender. Blend on high for 2 minutes, or until completely smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over low heat. Add the asparagus and peas and cook for 3-5 minutes, until the vegetables just begin to soften. Add the garlic and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes, until soft and fragrant.
- Stir in the sauce and bring to a simmer. Turn the heat to the lowest setting and add the pasta to the pan. Toss to coat. If a slightly thinner sauce is desired, add a bit of warm water to the pan to thin it out. Taste and adjust seasoning with more sea salt and black pepper, if desired.
- Divide the pasta between bowls and top with fresh basil. Serve immediately. Enjoy!