Fall Breakfast Favorite: Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Recipe
Posted on November 17, 2017
A great alternative to highly processed boxed cereals, this oatmeal recipe is filled with nutrients to set your day up for success.
When selecting oats, it’s best to buy steel cut oats. Although they may take longer to prepare, the recipe below reduces cooking time greatly with a simple pre-night prep technique.
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup gluten-free steel-cut oats
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup Laird Superfood Original Creamer
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 large apples, diced
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- The night before, bring water to boil in large pot over high heat. Remove pot from heat; stir in oats and salt. Cover pot overnight.
- The next morning, stir remaining ingredients into oats and bring to a boil. Stir frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and let stand for 10 minutes. The oatmeal will thicken as it cools.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Cate Ritter is a Functional Diagnostic Nutrition® Practitioner and Contributing Editor to Laird Superfood. Cate works with individuals and corporations helping them to look, feel and perform their best. For more info visit https://www.cateritterwellness.com/.
Cate Ritter, FDN-P is a non-licensed alternative health care practitioner. She is not a medical doctor. She does not diagnose, cure, or treat any illness or disease. The information provided is for educational purposes only and is not a replacement for your primary care physician.
For more info visit https://www.cateritterwellness.com/