Vegan & Gluten Free Breakfast Cookies Recipe
Posted on January 27, 2021
These vegan and gluten free breakfast cookies are a delightful way to start the day! They taste indulgent, but are made with ingredients you can feel good about. Whip them up to put a smile on a little one's face, or pre-bake a batch before the start of the week to keep you fueled during busy mornings. Make them your own by swapping out ingredients! Not feeling in the mood for chocolate? Feel free to swap in dried cranberries or pumpkin seeds instead.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tbs flax meal mixed with 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup smooth almond butter
- 2 tbs avocado oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 2 tbs Unsweetened Superfood Creamer
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix wet ingredients in a large bowl. Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl then combine into the wet mixture until evenly incorporated.
- Use an ice cream scooper to portion onto a lined baking sheet, leaving 1-2 inch spaces in between.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes or until done. Enjoy!
About the Author
Monique Sourinho is a professional food stylist, photographer, and recipe developer based in beautiful Essex, Connecticut. Her passions for locally sourced food and community engagement are the driving forces behind Bee The Love, which is all about celebrating collaboration and its delicious end results.