Vegan Hawaiian Guava Cake Recipe
Posted on January 15, 2021
Guava cake is a tasty, traditional Hawaiian dessert. We put our own spin on it by making a vegan version, and incorporate our Orange Guava Hydrate into this mix! Ours starts with a perfectly fluffy guava cake base that's boosted with our Orange Guava Hydrate power! The cake layer is topped with a delicious vegan cream cheese frosting along with a guava gel layer to top it all off. It's the perfect recipe to mix things up for a birthday, special event, or a weekend treat!
Make sure to enjoy a glass of Orange Guava Hydrate while you're preparing this cake! This blend has all of the deliciously refreshing tropical flavors of guava and orange with the nutritional benefits of coconut water and Aquamin.
Vegan Hawaiian Guava Cake
- 1 c. Blended Strawberries
- 2 c. Gluten Free Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 c. Powdered Sugar
- ½ c. Avocado Oil
- 1 ½ c Vegan Vanilla Yogurt
- ¼ c. Laird Superfood Orange Guava Hydrate
- 8 oz. Vegan Cream Cheese
- 8oz. Vegan Butter
- 2 c. Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Pinch Fine Sea Salt
Guava Gel Topping:
- 1/4 c. Orange Guava Hydrate mixed with 2.5 c. Water
- ¼ c. Corn Starch, mixed with ½ c. Water
- ¼ c. Powdered Sugar
- 2 tbs. Strawberry Puree
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift dry ingredients together and then mix in the wet.
- Transfer to an 8” x 8” pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until it passes a toothpick test.
- Allow to cool before adding the frosting layer.
- Cream butter then add sugar and vanilla.
- Whisk until smooth, fluffy & consistent.
- When the cake is cool, add to the cake and set in the fridge while making the guava gel topping.
Guava Gel Topping
- Mix Laird with corn starch and ¼ c. water to create a “slurry.”
- Add 2.5 c. water with 1/4 c. Laird Orange Guava Hydrate into a small sauce pan and bring to boil.
- Pour in the corns starch slurry then mix for 1 minute, continuously until it thickens and smooths to cook out the corn starch taste. Allow to cool.
- When ready, carefully scoop the guava gel topping over the frosting layer then smooth with an offset spatula.
- Alas, cut into the cake and enjoy the tropical magic!
About the Author
Monique Sourinho is a professional food stylist, photographer, and recipe developer based in beautiful Essex, Connecticut. Her passions for locally sourced food and community engagement are the driving forces behind Bee The Love, which is all about celebrating collaboration and its delicious end results.