Vegan Superfood Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
Posted on June 7, 2021
You won’t believe that these are vegan cinnamon rolls! Super gooey and sweet eggless and dairy-free cinnamon rolls topped with a delectable superfood frosting elevated with our Original Superfood Creamer. They’re the perfect sweet breakfast for any weekend or holiday breakfast!
Laird Superfood Creamers are crafted from the highest quality all-natural whole food ingredients. All of our products are sustainably sourced and thoroughly tested to ensure that you're incorporating the cleanest, finest fuel into your routine.
Time: 3 hours
- 1 cup lukewarm unsweetened plant milk
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup melted vegan butter
- 1 tbsp fast action (instant) yeast
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour
- 3 tbsp melted vegan butter
- 3/4 cup light brown or coconut sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 cup powdered sugar, more if needed
- 1/4 cup Laird Superfood Original Creamer
- 1-2 tbsp freshly-squeezed lemon juice
1. To make the dough, place the lukewarm milk, sugar, salt and melted in a large bowl and mix until the sugar has dissolved. Add the yeast, then start adding the flour bit by bit until the mixture comes together. You may not need all the flour.
2. Dust a working surface and knead the dough for 6-8 minutes until uniform and springy. You can also do this with a mixer and dough attachment. Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl and let rise for 1-2 hours in a warm place, until doubled in size.
3. While the dough is rising, make the filling by mixing together the vegan butter, brown sugar, ground cinnamon and cardamom. Set aside.
4. Preheat oven to 375F/180C. Roll out the dough into a rectangle on a floured surface, the spread the cinnamon mixture on top. Roll the dough up, creating a cylinder, then slice crosswise into rolls.
5. Place parchment paper in a small baking tin and arrange the buns. Cook for 30-35 minutes, until lightly browned on top. Let cool.
6. Make the icing by mixing together powdered sugar, Laird Superfood Original Creamer, and lemon juice. Drizzle on top of the buns.
7. Best served when still warm. Enjoy!
About the Author
Anett Velsberg is an experienced food photographer, videographer, recipe creator and food stylist from Tallinn, Estonia. Her heart lies between travelling the world and creating healthy wholesome recipes for body and mind, that not only taste amazing but look delicious, too.