Chocolate Mint Brownies with Matcha Frosting
Posted on November 19 2018
A festive treat for Chocolate Mint and Matcha lovers, these cool mint brownies are decadent, sweet and naturally flavored with raw organic cacao—perfect for sharing at any holiday get together. Trying to get away from artificial food coloring? Not to worry, this coconut frosting gets its dashing mint green color from authentic Japanese Matcha Green Tea in our Hydrate Matcha product. Easily make this recipe vegan by swapping in vegan subs for butter and egg.
Prep Time: 5-10 min
Cook Time: 25-30 min
Cool Time: 15 min
Servings: Approximately 12
Chocolate Mint Brownies:
- 1/2 cup butter (or vegan butter substitute)
- 1/2 cup Laird Superfood Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs (or vegan egg substitute)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup Laird Superfood Chocolate Mint Superfood Creamer
- 1/2 cup flour (or your favorite gluten free flour substitute)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp softened coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp coconut milk cream
- 3 TBSP Laird Superfood Matcha Hydrate Powder
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar or crushed up coconut sugar*
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 9" x 9" square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Soften butter and mix in eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, salt and baking powder.
- Stir in Laird Superfood Chocolate Mint Superfood Creamer, flour and chocolate chips.
- Pour into parchment lined pan. Bake in 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool 15 minutes then remove from pan and place on cooling rack and cool another 15 minutes.
- Remove parchment paper, frost and cut into 12 brownies.
- Place in freezer for about 10 minutes to solidify the icing.
- Whip all ingredients together and frost brownies.*
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Sandy is a Naturopathic Clinical Nutritionist, who now spends her working career as Director of Research and Development for Laird Superfood. She passionately believes in food as medicine, and in whole food as the foundation for good health. Sandy's previous experience has led her to advocate for, and design, individualized Nutritional Protocols to be integrated with Functional Medicine treatment plans and she's written numerous articles for medical advocacy groups introducing "food as medicine." When she's not at Laird Superfood developing new whole food products, you'll find her cooking up delicious food to share with family and friends or enjoying the beautiful outdoors of Central Oregon!