Gluten-Free Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake Recipe
Posted on February 25, 2021
This is an easy recipe for gluten-free cinnamon coffee cake. A soft and moist cake with a cinnamon filling and cinnamon sugar crumb topping. You wouldn't guess it, but this recipe happens to be plant-based! It's the perfect treat to enjoy with a cup of coffee.
Don't skip the drizzle! It takes this cake the the next level. Our Unsweetened Superfood Creamer adds the perfect level of creaminess, without any dairy.
Gluten-Free Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake
- 1 cup almond milk (or plant-based alternative of choice)
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 2/3 cup monk fruit sweetener
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Cinnamon Streusel Layer:
- 1/3 cup salted, vegan butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup gluten free flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbs ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 2 tbs Unsweetened Laird Superfood Creamer
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl combine all wet cake ingredients. Combine all dry cake ingredients into a separate bowl then when ready, sift into the wet mixture and stir until evenly incorporated.
- Transfer the batter into a lined 8”x8” baking pan then prepare the cinnamon streusel layer by combining all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl with a fork until it just comes together and is crumbly and resembles sand. Transfer on top of the batter layer.
- Place the pan into the oven and bake for 35-45 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.
- When the cake is ready and cooled, prepare the drizzle by combining the ingredients together in a small bowl. Allow to sit for a couple of minutes to help the sugar dissolve. Give another stir then evenly drizzle on top of the cake.
- Afterwards, slice into the cake and enjoy with your favorite Laird Coffee!
About the Author
Monique Sourinho is a professional food stylist, photographer, and recipe developer based in beautiful Essex, Connecticut. Her passions for locally sourced food and community engagement are the driving forces behind Bee The Love, which is all about celebrating collaboration and its delicious end results.