Vegan Pili Nut Pesto Recipe
Posted on October 6, 2020
Homemade Pesto is the perfect way to elevate any meal—and it's easy enough to whip together on a week night!
Pili Nuts make the perfect substitution for Pine Nuts in this pesto, as they offer a delectable creaminess and subtle nutty flavor. Although we love to serve this pesto with fresh pasta, it's also great on sandwiches, tofu scramble, and more!
- 3 cups tightly packed basil leaves (about 3 oz)
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Himalayan Salt Pili Nuts
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (optional)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine the basil, garlic, pili nuts, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, sea salt and black pepper in a food processor.
- Pulse until roughly chopped.
- With the motor running, slowly pour in the olive oil, stopping to scrape the sides as needed, until the mixture forms a thick paste.
- Serve immediately or keep refrigerated until needed.
About the Author
Anett Velsberg is an experienced food photographer, videographer, recipe creator and food stylist. Her heart lies between travelling the world and creating healthy wholesome recipes for body and mind, that not only taste amazing but look delicious, too.