Superfood Pumpkin Bread
Posted on November 29 2017
Grab some pumpkin purée and a bread pan and prep this seasonal superfood treat. This recipe yields 8 hearty, healthy slices of pumpkin bread that will warm you from the inside out!
Servings: 1 loaf, about 8 thick slices
- 4 large eggs
- 16 ounces pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup Laird Superfood Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 cup Laird Superfood Original Creamer
- 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add all of the dry ingredients and whisk until combined.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the eggs with an electronic whisk for 30 seconds or by hand for about 1 minute. Add the remaining wet ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Add the wet ingredient mixture to the dry ingredient mixture and whisk until a smooth batter forms.
- For easy loaf removal, line a loaf pan with parchment paper or grease with a tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Pour the pumpkin bread mixture into the loaf pan.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Note: this bread tastes even better the next day.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Cate Ritter is a Functional Diagnostic Nutrition® Practitioner and Contributing Editor to Laird Superfood. Cate works with individuals and corporations helping them to look, feel and perform their best. For more info visit catesnutrition.com