Valentine's Day Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
Posted on February 12, 2020
Sweeten their day with this beautiful chocolate cheesecake. Not only is this recipe delicious, but it's also vegan AND has a superfood boost from our creamer! You don't need to go as over-the-top with the decoration, but WHY NOT?!
We partnered with the one and only Anett Velsberg to come up with this perfectly indulgent Valentine's Day recipe! Not only did this cheesecake come out gorgeous (as usual), but it really is decadent and delicious. Make this for your special someone and spread the love this week!
For the base:
- 7 oz Graham crackers or digestive biscuits
- 1/4 cup melted vegan butter
For the filling:
- 8.8 oz dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 10 oz extra-firm silken tofu
- 12 oz vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 cup brown or coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup Laird Superfood Cacao Creamer
- Zest from 1 orange
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp corn flour or arrowroot flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or paste
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plant milk
For topping (all optional):
- 1 cup vegan whipped cream mixed with 1/4 tsp vegan-friendly pink food coloring
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 5-6 edible flowers
- 4-5 fondant hearts
- 1 tbsp sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 325F. Oil the base and sides of an 8-inch springform tin and set aside.
- To make the base, place the Graham crackers in a food processor and process until you get a fine crumb. Add the melted butter and process again until evenly mixed.
- Press mixture to the bottom of the spring-form tin. Use the flat bottom of a glass to get it even. Place in the fridge until needed.
- For the filling, melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, stirring frequently. Set aside.
- Combine the tofu, cream cheese, sugar, creamer, orange zest, lemon juice, corn flour, vanilla, sea salt, plant milk and melted chocolate in a blender. Blend on low speed until just combined.
- Pour mixture onto the base. Tap the baking tin gently onto the work surface to even out the top and get rid of any air bubbles.
- Place in the oven and cook for 40 minutes (don’t open it while it’s cooking), then open the oven door slightly and let the cake cool in the oven until it is cool enough to handle. Remove from oven and place in the fridge for 3-4 hours or overnight.
To serve, pipe whipped cream on top of the cake and garnish with raspberries, fondant hearts, edible flowers and sprinkles. Slice and serve. Enjoy!