Vegan Gingerbread Cookie Recipe
Posted on December 11, 2019
The holidays are not complete without Gingerbread Cookies! These are sure to bring a smile to anyone's face. Not only are they adorable, but they are also delicious (and vegan)!
Our Original Superfood Creamer adds a superfood boost to these perfect holiday cookies. Enjoy this delicious, plant-based Gingerbread Cookie recipe!
Makes 14-16 cookies
Time: 40 minutes
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 3 tbsp molasses
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup Original Superfood Creamer
- 2 tsp ginger
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour (gluten-free if necessary), extra for dusting
- 1/4 vegan icing or melted coconut butter, to decorate
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine coconut sugar, almond butter, molasses, lemon juice and maple syrup. Whisk until combined.
- Add creamer, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, sea salt, baking soda, almond flour, and oat flour and mix/knead to form a ball of dough.
- Dust a work surface lightly with oat flour.
- Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness and cut cookies into any shape you like.
- Use a spatula or your fingers to carefully transfer the cookies onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 7-9 minutes, until slightly golden around the edges. The cookies should still be very soft - they will firm up as the cool.
- While the cookies are baking, roll out the remaining dough and cut out as many cookies as possible.
- When all the cookies are done baking, allow them to cool completely before decorating.
- Place the icing or coconut butter in a small piping bag or Ziploc bag with the corner cut off and decorate cookies. Chill the cookies for 10-15 minutes until the icing has firmed up.
- Serve immediately or keep in an air-tight container at room temperature until needed.