Golden Popcorn with Turmeric Recipe
Posted on January 9, 2018
Ditch the popcorn tins this holiday season and make your own fresh, healthier version with Laird Superfood's Turmeric Creamer. This delicious variation on a classic favorite will be an instant hit for the whole family.
Servings: 14 cups
- 3 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
- 1/2 cup organic popcorn kernels
Superfood Drizzle Ingredients
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter/ghee (or coconut oil for vegan-friendly)
- 1/4 cup Laird Superfood Turmeric Creamer
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- to taste, fine sea salt
Method 1 - Stovetop
- Heat oil and 3 kernels in a large pot over medium-high heat until kernels pop.
- Add remaining kernels, keep the lid slightly ajar, and cook until the popping slows to 2 seconds between pops.
- Add to a large bowl and toss with Superfood Drizzle. Taste and add sea salt as desired.
Method 1 - Air-Popper Machine
- Omit the 3 tablespoons of unrefined coconut oil.
- Use an air-popper popcorn machine as directed.
- Add to a large bowl and toss with Superfood Drizzle.
- Taste and add sea salt as desired.
Superfood Drizzle Instructions
- In a small pot, add the Superfood Drizzle Ingredients.
- Warm gently over low heat until melted.
- Stir well to combine.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Cate Ritter is a Functional Diagnostic Nutrition® Practitioner and Contributing Editor to Laird Superfood. Cate works with individuals and corporations helping them to look, feel and perform their best. For more info visit https://www.cateritterwellness.com/.
Cate Ritter, FDN-P is a non-licensed alternative health care practitioner. She is not a medical doctor. She does not diagnose, cure, or treat any illness or disease. The information provided is for educational purposes only and is not a replacement for your primary care physician.