Maple Dijon Brussel Sprouts Recipe with Pili Nuts
Posted on November 20, 2020
This simple, plant-based maple dijon roasted brussel sprouts recipe makes for a perfect side dish for Thanksgiving. The addition of our Himalayan Salt Pili Nuts add the perfect contrast of texture.
Rich, buttery and nourishing, the Pili Nut really is nature’s perfect snack. Dusted with the perfect amount of Himalayan Salt, they're truly delicious!
Maple Dijon Brussels with Pili NutsServes: 4-6
- 3 c. Brussel Sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tbs. Vegan Butter or Avocado Oil
- 2 tsp. Sea Salt + Pepper
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Freshly Grated Nutmeg
- 1/2 c. Maple syrup
- 1 tsp. Orange Zest and Juice
- 2 tbs. Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 c. Craisins
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- 1 package Laird Superfood Himalayan Salt Pili Nuts
- In a large skillet, bring vegan butter or cooking oil to medium heat.
- Add in the brussel sprouts and place open half down. Allow to cook for about 5-6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add remaining ingredients except for the nuts and stir until evenly incorporated. Cook for an additional 6-9 minutes or until the seasonings begin to thicken.
- When ready, transfer to a serving tray, garnish with the pili nuts and enjoy!
About the Author
Monique Sourinho is a professional food stylist, photographer, and recipe developer based in beautiful Essex, Connecticut. Her passions for locally sourced food and community engagement are the driving forces behind Bee The Love, which is all about celebrating collaboration and its delicious end results.