Mitts Off My Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
Posted on October 23, 2017
Easy, vegan, and highly-nutritious pumpkin muffins. Perfectly sweet with just a little spice.
Servings: 6 muffinsIngredients
- ½ cup cassava flour
- ½ cup Laird Superfood Original OR Turmeric Creamer
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup pumpkin purée
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients except the eggs. Whisk until combined.
- In a separate medium bowl, beat the eggs with an electronic whisk for 30 seconds or by hand for about 1 minute.
- Add the eggs to the large bowl and whisk until smooth batter forms.
- Line a muffin tray with 6 muffin liners for easy removal. Pour the muffin mixture evenly into the muffin liners.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Note: If you double this recipe, then increase the baking time to 30 minutes.
Recommended Ingredient: Otto’s Cassava Flour
Cassava flour is made from peeled yuca, a starchy root vegetable. This flour is an excellent grain-free, gluten-free, nut-free baking powder that works well as a direct substitute for wheat flour in recipes. Unlike most gluten-free flours, cassava flour results in exceptional texture and mild taste.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Cate Ritter is a Functional Diagnostic Nutrition® Practitioner and Contributing Editor to Laird Superfood. Cate works with individuals and corporations helping them to look, feel and perform their best. For more info visit https://www.cateritterwellness.com/.
Cate Ritter, FDN-P is a non-licensed alternative health care practitioner. She is not a medical doctor. She does not diagnose, cure, or treat any illness or disease. The information provided is for educational purposes only and is not a replacement for your primary care physician.
For more info visit https://www.cateritterwellness.com/