Gluten-Free Plant-Based Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Posted on November 16, 2019
The holidays aren't complete without Pumpkin Pie. Whether you make this gluten free, plant-based Pumpkin Pie recipe for a Thanksgiving feast or a Tuesday night treat, it's sure to be a hit.
The fact that it's gluten-free AND plant-based gives you all the more reason to come back to this recipe again and again.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free oat flour
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup solid coconut oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2-3 tbsp water
For the filling:
- 3 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup Laird Superfood Pumpkin Spice Superfood Creamer
- 3 tbsp corn flour
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup vegan whipped cream
1-2 tsp ground cinnamonInstructions:
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C. Grease a 9" pie dish and set aside.
- Add the gluten-free oat flour, almond flour and sea salt to a food processor. Pulse for 30 seconds until evenly mixed. Add the coconut oil and pulse again until you have fine crumbs.
- With the motor running in the food processor, add the maple syrup followed by the water until the dough sticks together when pressed between fingers.
- Place the dough in the pie dish and press evenly to the bottom and up the sides. Refrigerate until needed.
- Add the pumpkin puree, creamer, corn flour, maple syrup, and cinnamon in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into prepared crust and bake for 55-60 minutes, until the crust is golden and the filling is set. If the crust begins to brown quite quickly then cover the edges with tin foil or a pie crust protector.
- Remove pie from oven and cool at room temperature for at least 1 hour, then transfer to the fridge and cool for a further 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Slice and serve with whipped cream and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon.