Superfood Cacao Cupcake Recipe
Posted on March 30 2018
Time: about 45 minutes
Yields 12 cupcakes
Gluten-free, Paleo, Vegetarian Ingredients
- 1/2 cup cassava ﬂour
- 1/2 cup Laird Superfood Cacao Creamer
- 1/2 cup Laird Superfood Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients except the eggs. Whisk until combined.
- In a separate medium bowl, beat the eggs with an electronic whisk for 30 seconds or by hand for about 1 minute.
- Add the eggs to the large bowl and whisk until a smooth batter forms.
- Line a muﬃn tray with 12 muﬃn liners for easy removal. Pour the muﬃn mixture evenly into the muﬃn liners.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes before spreading with Valentine's Day Dip as frosting.
Vegan-friendly Version — Chia Egg
Swap eggs for chia eggs…
To make 1 chia egg, use a spice grinder to grind 1 tablespoon of chia seeds into a ﬁne meal. Mix the ground chia seed meal with 3 tablespoon of water. Let the mixture meld together for 15 minutes or more, until thick like the consistency of a whisked egg.
Recommended Ingredient: Otto’s Cassava Flour
Cassava ﬂour is made from peeled yuca, a starchy root vegetable. This ﬂour is an excellent grain-free, gluten-free, nut-free baking powder that works well as a direct substitute for wheat ﬂour in recipes. Unlike most gluten-free ﬂours, cassava ﬂour results in exceptional texture and mild taste.
About the Author
Cate Ritter is a Functional Diagnostic Nutrition® Practitioner and Contributing Editor to Laird Superfood. Cate works with individuals and corporations helping them to look, feel and perform their best. For more info visit catesnutrition.com