Vegan Red Pepper Tomato Soup Recipe
Posted on February 3, 2021
This is the perfect recipe to make to stay cozy and warm throughout the winter! The cashews in this recipe add a delectable creaminess and the tomatoes and red peppers give this soup a vibrant hue to bring some brightness to your evening.
Our Laird Superfood Unsweetened Creamer adds a boost from organic coconut oil and our Activate Daily Jumpstart adds a subtle spark of citrus to the soup. There is also a touch of sweetness from our Harvest Dates!
Vegan Red Pepper Tomato Soup
- 6 Laird Superfood Dates, pitted
- 1.5 cups raw cashews
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tbs avocado oil
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 red bell peppers, diced (or about 2 cups)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tsp Laird Superfood Activate Daily Jumpstart
- 2 tbs Laird Superfood Unsweetened Creamer
- 6 cups fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 small lemon
- Soak the pitted dates and raw cashews in 2 cups of water, or just until covered by an extra inch of hot water for at least 30 minutes (or overnight in the fridge for optimal nutrient benefits).
- When ready, prepare the onion, red pepper and garlic. Bring a large pan to medium heat and add the avocado oil.
- Transfer the diced onion and red pepper then season with salt and pepper. Stir and cook for about 6-9 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
- Afterwards, add the garlic and give another stir. Squeeze the juice of lemon on top and continue to cook for another 3 minutes or so.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the contents to a high speed blender or food processor. Drain the soaked cashews and Dates, Daily Jumpstart and Unsweetened Creamer, then transfer into the blender as well.
- Add the vegetable stock and fire-roasted tomatoes then process and blend until silky smooth (about 5-6 minutes). Taste test accordingly. Finally, enjoy!
About the Author
Monique Sourinho is a professional food stylist, photographer, and recipe developer based in beautiful Essex, Connecticut.Her passions for locally sourced food and community engagement are the driving forces behind Bee The Love, which is all about celebrating collaboration and its delicious end results.